2022 activities must be reported in Elements by Friday, January 20, 2023.
Be sure to check out this year's Quick Reference Guide for reporting tips!
UGA Elements is a web-based system that enables the university to collect, search and report on the research, scholarship, creative works, and professional activities of faculty, postdocs and graduate/professional students. Faculty housed in a District Departments will continue to use GaCounts and will not be required to UGA Elements.
Serving as an Administrative Liaison for UGA Elements, Dr. Laura Perry Johnson represents the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Sunshine Jordan is our college’s support person and can provide guidance to CAES personnel for this project.
- Annual Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Has current tips, coming problems, and tells how to record common activities
- Duplicate a Record (PDF)
- Pull your Element Activity Summary (EAS) (PDF)
- Mark as Peer-Reviewed (PDF)
- Search Elements (PDF)
How to Enter…
- Entering Social Media (PDF)
- Entering Technical Assistance (PDF)
- Student Supervision/Advisement (PDF)
- Entering an Extension Presentation (PDF)
- Bulk Import Publications (PDF)
- Extension Specialists - One-page Reference (PDF)
- Department Heads / Admin Support – Run a Unit Report (PDF)
- Department Heads / Admin Support – Pull a Faculty’s EAS – (PDF)
- Linking Objects (PDF)
- How should I start my annual reporting?
It is recommended that you run your current year's Elements Activity Summary (EAS) before you begin entering data. You may find a collaborator has entered an activity and tagged you, or there was something you entered last year in preparation for the upcoming year. This will help you avoid duplicate entries and find things that need to be modified for the current year. Instructions for pulling an EAS are here. The annual Quick Reference Guide is a great source for recent updates and tips.
- How do I remove old records that are showing up on my EAS?
You are probably seeing old records because of how the Reporting Dates are set for that record. Read this help document to understand how to fix these problems and prevent them in the future.
- How do I correct data that I am unable to edit in Elements?
Visit the correcting data help page for instruction on the different types of data correction.
- How do I mark something as peer reviewed in Elements?
Instructions for adding a peer reviewed label can be found here.
- Can I copy or duplicate an existing activity record to create a new record?
You can copy records only in the Professional Activities and Instruction sections. Directions can be found here.
- Can I search everything in Elements?
Yes, you can search the entire system. Directions can be found here.
- Can I record social media posts in Elements?
Yes, you can record Social Media posts in the Professional Activities section, but you should only report posts that share educational content. Directions can be found here.
- Can I record technical assistance I provide over the phone or through email?
Yes, you can record Technical Assistance in the Professional Activities section, along with on-site visits. Directions can be found here.
- How do I record YouTube videos or blogs?
section: Scholarly & Creative Works > type: Internet Publication
- How do I record PowerPoints, research guides, evaluation tools, etc.?
section: Scholarly & Creative Works > type: Instructional Material
- How do I record a numbered Extension Bulletin?
section: Scholarly & Creative Works > type: Report > report type: Extension Bulletin
- Quick Reference Guide for Reporting in Elements (pdf) (12/2022) **Has updates about changes and additions for the 2022 reporting year
- Duplicate a Record (pdf) (5/2022)
- Mark a publication as peer reviewed (pdf) (1/2022)
- One Pager for Extension Specialists (pdf) (8/2021)
- Linking Objects in Elements (pdf) (1/2023)
- Entering an Educational Outreach Presentation (pdf) (11/2021)
- Entering Social Media (pdf) (11/2021)
- Entering Technical Assistance (pdf) (11/2021)
- How to pull an Element Activity Summary (EAS) (pdf) (4/2022)
- How to Search Elements (pdf) (1/2023)
- Admin Support - How to pull an EAS for a faculty member (pdf) (4/2022)
- Student Supervision/Advisement in Elements (pdf) (11/2021)
- For Department Heads - Run a Unit Report (pdf) (11/2021)
Elements Trainings were offered for 2022, both online and in-person on Athens, Tifton, and Griffin campuses.
Elements Update - refresher course for veteran faculty and support staff to explain new features and correct past reporting errors.
Intro to Elements – introductory course for new faculty and support staff to learn the basic and get up and running with Elements.
- Training Archives